Wednesday 14 November 2012


A ROAD LESS TRAVELLED


 In October I attended the Orgatec trade fair. I decided for this visit to try a different hotel to the norm, it was built in 1870 as a water tower and converted recently into a hotel. Hotel im Wasserturm, I can as a designer thoroughly recommend. The interiors are creative the internal volumes out of the ordinary and the service exceptional, photographs of the hotel can be viewed at www.hotel-im-wasserturm.de. I would certainly use the hotel again even though it is not in the centre of Cologne.

In the hotel handbook there is a saying “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference”. I believe this saying by Robert Frost can also be used in the world of industrial design where seeking solutions outside the paradigm can make that difference; I have always enjoyed taking that less travelled pathway.

At the hotel I was introduced to the world of Blogging by a fellow guest, this introduction was the the method of communication in planning my exit strategy from Workspace Solutions spanning over the next five years that I had been waiting for, to that guest thank you.

 If I have to coin a phrase that explains my walk along the less travelled path it is “that it is the journey rather than the destination that gives me the joy for life and design”. My career path is a journey that continues to fill me with passion and my company the vehicle to convey my creative ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment