Friday 15 March 2013


Really really excited


I have for several years been wanting to produce a frame constructed out of stainless steel rod. With the new Workspace Benching support structure I had the elements have allowed me to explore shapes not only in harmony with the triangular construction of the main support beams but having the physical strength to carry work surfaces and screens.

The visual lightness of the rod section having a high polished finish together with the triangular construction shape has given me a quality of design finish that can be equally used in benching configurations, single desks conference and meeting tables. The upper frame assembly of the design being exceptionally versatile that can be amended to suit many different applications with exceptional spans achievable.

The design is not for the mass market, I believe its appeal is to a small group of designers who appreciate a design that is different to the norm but having a practical base. Added to the basic design when used for benching or meeting tables, where cable reticulation is required, the wire element is reflected in the CPU holders, cable trays and vertical cable reticulation.

My next task is to utilise the concept incorporating glass to produce an executive desk or table. It is such great fun at times to play with designs such as this and I am most fortunate in not only having my own factory enabling me to experiment but not being part of the corporate world I do not have Accountants to dictate the way. It would be beautiful to have an unlimited budget for research and development but the local market does not allow for such luxuries.

Words communicate the way I feel about this new design BUT graphic images complete the picture, a love it or hate it design BUT not for the mass market.

No comments:

Post a Comment